Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #337
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark_Chrysalis
Default Re: Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0slay3r View Post
I'm still waiting for some information before getting hyped, if its just a 3rd installment like emerald/platinum/etc I will probably ignore it. But if they manage to make a sequel of some kind, which would make sense since there is a 2 in the title, there is a 80% that I will end up buying it.
I think it's very likely that it becomes more of a sequel than an Emerald/Platinum. We had already pretty much figured out that Kyurem was the one being that Reshiram and Zekrom were created from in the legends, and the fact that it has these 2 new formes could be the result of a completely different storyline from the original, something like Kyurem defeating one of the 2 (or both) and reabsorbing it/them into its body to get the relevant forme for the game. That or some event awakens its power again, albeit weaker than before, so it can only change into one forme. Completely speculative, but definitely worthy of a sequel (and quite likely imo)

This could be bad news for the other unreleased pokemon, as they tie into the 15th movie... Keldeo being the protagonist as far as we know facing off against Kyurem in his different formes and Meloetta being the focal point of the short movie. So its likely both of them would be distributed either as movie promos, or via WiFi events for this 2nd game series. Obviously that's quite a long wait, but seeing as Arceus took 3 years for it to be officially released to the public, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on them. No idea where Genesect comes in, probably central to the last movie in the Best Wishes series.

And as for the game being available on the DS instead of the 3DS, it wouldn't make much sense to split a Generation between 2 platforms, even if it is a direct sequel. You can still play the games on your 3DS anyway. That and as bmah had said earlier, regionality issues could still be present. I say its better to hold off for Gen VI on the 3DS (at this rate I'm not sure they'll ever stop making new Generations >.>)

Last edited by Dark_Chrysalis; 03-15-2012 at 04:03 PM..
Dark_Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote