View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #42
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: Survivor (TV show)

Season 1, Episode 7: The Merger

“Rich is a sweetheart, so easy going, he’s naked a lot.” oh

The ambassador idea is a really good way to do things, I like it a lot more than just going to a brand new beach and leaving behind prior progress.

Okay so like, stingray is commonly eaten in iceland, and apparently it smells HORRIBLE, like incredibly fermented and such if you want it done right. I’m amazed it’s better on the island than off it, and good enough to be well liked.

Anyways though, I think Tagi did a much better job presenting their camp. Like, it seems genuinely fun there, compared to just surviving at Pagong.

It’s interesting to hear the alliance = unethical mentality being pertinent, I can see why due to the infancy of Survivor and bonds being borderline more important than winning up to this point, but as Richard did say, ethics are pretty distinctively different from the idea of alliances.

Wow 4 bottles of wine, two beds in one tent, how cute and romantic!!! That whole idea was interesting to be set up by production, I wonder if they got what they were hoping for ultimately.

Ah, the ol’ reward gloating paradigm, where the nice stuff excels particularly with ostracizing yourself and creating rifts. That said, I’d do the same I’m sure, 4 bottles of wine between 2 people is enough to get me talkin’.

Colleen: “Sean is super intelligent” yeah probably is compared to Greg… I guess she’s not got the highest standards for men.

Whoever brought those playing cards is smart and has foresight, that’s a good luxury item to bring. I think I’d bring something similar, maybe a dominion set or something, or at least some kind of game with diversity.

I’m with Rudy honestly, I naturally don’t much enjoy hearing about sex stuff being discussed by peers, another score for Rudy. That, or maybe I really am just a crotchety old man on the inside after all.

Aren’t holding your breath competitions like… soft banned on Survivor now? I don’t think many modern seasons have something like that, which is too bad because I always found them interesting, though the reasoning is understandable too. I think it’s a pretty… iconic style of challenge for this kind of show, so it’s too bad they’re at least uncommon in modern survivor if nothing else.

I really really enjoyed the second part of this challenge. It’s the kind of thing that’s exciting, has an element of a “Survivor” skill so to speak, and has a nice sense of progress. Props to Gervaise, the non-watery guy, for being watery. He didn’t win in the end, but hey he did well in part 1!!!

I kinda wish there was more strategy and alliance talk pre-tribal cou- oh cool flying fish! I think the mystery and suspense was neat to have, and I can appreciate it somewhat because it allowed for plenty of personal discussion re: the merge and group dynamic, but it still would’ve been cool to have an indication of what may have happened without just guessing mostly blindly. Mind you, Greg’s vote for Jenna and his message maybe indicated some kind of partition in the tribe, like maybe she shifted over or had notion to drift from him.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sean with the alphabetical order strategy, quite a sound strategy I’d say and I’m amazed a cunning strategist such as him did not win in the end. Truly bewildered!

Gretchen felt really… underused almost. I liked her from what I saw, and wish she had more screen time and exposure and such. She seemed like a sweetheart. That said, I like the whole cast in some way, be it for comedic or personal, so I guess I’ll be saying this every episode now. I do still maintain that she deserved some more time to be shown at least.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ

Last edited by Celirra; 01-31-2018 at 11:40 PM..
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote