View Single Post
Old 10-6-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default ALL MULTIPLAYER BUGS GO HERE:

BUGS: Please post all bugs in this thread. Once your bug has been reported, your post will be deleted to keep this thread short and sweet. Please read the current list of bugs before posting. When a bug is fixed, it will be crossed off the list.

NOTE: As synth is trying to fix these bugs, the server will need to be restarted, as such, there will be periods where it will appear that you cannot connect. Please try again in a few minutes. This will be normal for the time being.

The list:
1. *I THINK THIS IS FIXED. OLD VERSION WOULD FLOOD THE SERVER WITH YOUR STATUS ON GREEN, CAUSING PROBLEMS DURING TYPING. NOW IT JUST UPDATES THE STATUS EVER 1 SECOND*ok... you can't type in chat if you have loaded a song (green light).... this is a problem, since some morons won't click the play button and you have to yell at them and you can't....

2. if you green light a song, you can't go back from it... i've had times that someone decides they don't want that song, after i've clicked.... and i have to reload....

3. *INCREASED CONNECTION LIMIT. TAKE THIS OUT OF GREEN IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN*reloaded one time, and i think the lobby was full... cause it loaded with an empty multiplayer room, and i couldn't do anything....

4. *THIS MAY BE TIED TO BUG #1. IF THAT IS THE CASE, IT SHOULD BE FIXED DEPENDING ON TOTAL SERVER LOAD* Ialso, its very laggy... causing terrible PA.

5. when creating a new room, it will show someone else's name for a few seconds, like it was refreshing from another room....

6. the names are jittery... if you just watch the song name / yellow/green lights... they sometimes flash out and back....

7. when you switch rooms, it shows the last song you were selecting from another room in the new room.

8. *SHOULD BE RELATED TO BUG #1, SHOULD BE FIXED NOW*was in a room, and it wouldn't let me type in the chat... no idea why.

9. *SHOULD BE RELATED TO BUG #1, SHOULD BE FIXED NOW*more... some weird lag thing where after about 50 arrows, myself and LD could no longer see each others comobos/perfs... this was fixed when we both hit a big lag spike and missed. then we could see each others combo again.

10. *NO LONGER AN ISSUE. FIXED* non-multiplayer is acting like it is multiplayer... showing a 2nd person, saying multiplayer at the top... and also not showing the rank on the song at the end...

10b. *FIXED SCORE PORTION TO REPRESENT THE CORRECT MODE*looks like something wasn't fully fixed... might need to take another look at it synth.

11. *THIS IS NOT A BUG, JUST NOT A CURRENT FEATURE*multiplayer not playable in reverse...

12. solution to having 2 people ever a room when there already is 1 in there? perhaps add a "boot" button for the person who creates the room... could also rid oneself of unworthy/annoying competitors....

13. *THIS BUG HAS TO DO WITH THE MULTIPLAYER SERVER HAVING RELIABILITY PROBLEMS UNDER HEAVY LOAD ON OCCASION. IT WILL BE RESOLVED IN THE FUTURE*Keep getting disconnected or something. I'll be playing then suddenly I can't see the other person anymore, chat doesn't work. If I try and refresh and get back into mutiplayer it connects but just gives me an empty chat room.

14. *SOUND LEVELS LOWERED. FIXED*Also, the sound on the end of the song stats screen is way to loud compared to everything else.

15. *WRONG RESULTS SCREEN OPENING. ISSUE FIXED*Issues when 1 player fails... goes partially with #9... can't tell they failed... but when the results screen shows... its a singleplayer results screen, and it creates odd issues with playing more songs. have to reload?

LD EDIT: stickah
chardish edit: announcement, it needs better visibility