View Single Post
Old 06-8-2014, 10:01 AM   #19
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Default Re: High-Level Thinker, Low-Level Student

I believe I have above-average intelligence, but throughout elementary school, my ADD gave me trouble. I received decent grades in most of the subjects, except for Math and conduct. I would average a D/C in conduct and it was only for minor things, such as talking or playing with my pencil too much, etc. since my ADD made it hard to concentrate.

I do believe I was in the smarter half of the class, I just had a hard time focusing and admittedly, finishing my paper wasn't the most important thing to me in the world. My teachers really didn't like me due to these things.

Due to my inability of focusing on more than one thing at a time, it made math really hard. I knew how to solve the problems and what not, I just had a hard time doing it. I believe part of the reason for my low grades was constantly getting teased/bullied throughout the day and it made it difficult to do well on my work. It got to the point where I had to get on medication, and I got an A+ in conduct the first week I started.

It started to get more difficult during 4th grade, when the bullying got slightly more serious, and my teacher was even more of a b****. I also believe a big reason for my low grades was because every year I would be put in the meanest teacher's class, from 1st to 6th grade, except for 5th when I actually got a nice teacher which made it a whole lot easier.

I'm probably rambling on now, but overall, I felt I was decently smart. It was just things like my ADD, being teased all day, and my teachers being mean that made it difficult. I probably also didn't work as hard as I could have either. This is why I'm home schooled today. I hope this was the right kind of thing to post here.

ShadowDueler97 is offline   Reply With Quote