View Single Post
Old 10-7-2019, 08:01 PM   #13
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: FFR Visual Novel (A Simfile Dating Sim)

Yeah Dingles is exactly right, Ren'py is open-source and pretty easy to get used to. It's lightweight but also offers native Python support (don't worry if you don't know Python).

Some other options are Novelty, which IIRC is totally drag-and-drop and also free; TyranoBuilder is also drag-and-drop but you have to buy it on Steam.

I've never used it but I've heard great things about TyranoBuilder, especially for those that don't have a lot of programming expertise. It comes with some assets built-in too.

For music you'll just have to dig around. Over the years I've downloaded whatever royalty-free music I can--- Sentive is a good artist for this. DLSite.com has some royalty-free music and art you can buy also. Lastly, you can check the lemmasoft forums (the Ren'py home site), I know a lot of people just post their art for free use.

Depending on your level of commitment you can learn how to draw with Corel Painter or Photoshop but it takes time. I've been doing this for years and still suck.

----‐-------

You should also look into Twine. It's a great resource for prototyping interactive digital narrative. You can get something up and running really fast. There's some HTML and CSS support too if you want to make a fuller browser game. But usually you just use it to plan your script and the branching storylines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote