View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 02:49 AM   #23
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I can't wait to find out what crucial piece of information is selectively being omitted from this scenario to artificially spark outrage
your concern is in the right place. the horowitz organization is undoubtedly leaving something out, so it's a question of what.

I want it to be bullshit, because then that's one less thing to worry about

paypal's actions are concerning, but ultimately, you can start a competitor to paypal. it is difficult, but it exists.

for VISA/mastercard there is very little alternative. both go through merchant services. starting a new alternative is similar to starting a new ISP.

the actual nature of the organization is unrelated. VISA could block the SPLC itself and this would still be a big deal. mccarthism was bad when applied to communists, and it's bad when applied to the opposite of communists.

what I suspect will happen is that horowitz will have to sue the organization in a similar way to how the SPLC was sued for defamation, and this will have to happen a fuckton more times, and then this shit will stop.

but it's unreal that people here think in the universe they thought existed it was okay for VISA to selectively block payment to organizations based on speech. what the fuck.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote