View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 03:13 AM   #24
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: PATHOS - A puzzle game like Psychopath

Filtering the excess of information in a large grid is like an orthogonal skill to being able to devise an actual solution. I think it's perfectly fine if the "catch" to solve the puzzle is easier compared to another small grid puzzle in the same point of progression. I feel the problem arises when the designer underestimates/ignores that form of difficulty due to not being able to experience it firsthand in their own puzzles.

I actually thought Short Circuit was cool although I'm a bit biased due to not being a stranger to parity problems. Keep was interesting but there is so little you can do that the solution becomes a bit too obvious. My favorite so far is Fool's Goal.

Currently sitting on entire world VIII cleared while missing Recall from VI and Stasis, China Shop, Musical Chairs, and Impact from VII. I personally found world VIII considerably easier than VII (even considering the puzzles I already solved).

On another note, is this supposed to happen (spoiler for Buddy System solution):

Currently looking for gfx help on my soon to be released packs Autotelic Meta and Autotelic Intro, check link above or get in touch if you are interested in contributing!
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote