View Single Post
Old 02-2-2021, 08:30 PM   #17
katanaeyegaming
#FearTheWyvern
FFR Veteran

Default Re: If you had to listen to an album everyday for the rest of your life what album and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 View Post
I was thinking of this too, but if I choose some album with 4 discs, each containing 25 tracks (assuming these discs are audio cds which can hold up to 80 minutes of audio) with each song being 3 minutes, it would technically be cheating, but hey it's still an album (or compilation at this point) even if it has 100 tracks in it, but I'm certain even this will still inevitably become stale unless you have an illness or method of forgetting things to make the music fresh for longer (or possibly forever, but that doesn't seem possible)

edit: with calculations, 100 tracks with 5 hours of listening, but that would still get stale anyways
and I think picking an album you like is a bad choice imo, since it would've taken you time to first, dislike it, then listen more closely, then finally enjoy the album, and this would definitely get stale, and since most albums have songs that are intertwined together, you'll start getting repetition from one sound sounding like another, and once you recognise a melody, it can become predictable, and the genre also matters, if it's something like pop or anything that has a very vague meaning in the deeper art world, you would truely be tortured, with sounds that mean nothing to you, so I suggest picking an album/collection/movements that has music that feel extremely different from each other, so much that you'll won't get insane from repetition too quickly, and melodies that you'll never truely understand nor remember nor predict, pick a genre that truely means something in the deeper world of art, something that means something to you, and pick and album/collection/movements that you'll definitely dislike at first, but soon love and appreciate, all to distance yourself from the inevitable

but alas, I have questions:

Also what is the point in playing ffr anymore?
for aaa's? for fcs? for arrows? for the music?
why do we play it and how long will we play it for?

and about this thread:

what rules are there to this?
what are your intentions?
is there a reason for all of this?
Katanaeyegaming, pls tell me
the longer I think about this, the less self-esteem I have

Late reply but what this thread was is a survey of sorts as to what different people enjoyed musically and why as it's part of a larger thing I might be doing in the future.

katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote