View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 08:56 PM   #12
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Poll: Which global skill rating system is best ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumaestro View Post
Spitballing: how about a bit of both sides?

Equal weights for top X scores. Decreasing weights to next Y scores.

I'm not math-y enough to work out whether that addresses any of the issues here, but it seems to me that combining sides here could help mitigate the downsides of each.
Not a bad take tbh. I'm not entirely sure yet what to think of it, but here's my quick thoughts.

A top X (in any system) should require significantly more scores than the current system in order to minimize the chance of skillset bias. In other words, the more files are taken into account (at equal weights, and to some extent obviously), the lower the probability of having one or two skills being overly representative of one's skill level. In extensive discussion on discord, the size of X has been mostly agreed to be between 30 and 100. I personally would be fine with 50 (as I suggest with seasons ratings too), but I'm also ok with 100 given the fact that it's not limited in time.

That being said, if you agree with my statements in the previous post, there should be at the very least a top 30 files with equal weights, after which it would start decaying until either 50 or 100 probably.

Again, I'm not sure what I think of it, but I'm probably more ok with it than not. Would be nice to hear from the people who were against unweighted.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 05-23-2021 at 10:03 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote