Old 05-3-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Flight of the Bumblebee [11 or 12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDest View Post
All it takes is focus and learning the chart, the background has nothing to with the difficulty or notes themselves.
I wouldn't have an AAA on Revolutionary Etude right now if I didn't have the Velocity noteskin.

Quote:
This qualifies as an FGO how?
This I can agree somewhat, but it can make some 8th pauses more awkward (because while this file is long sections of 16ths, there are some 8th pauses in between).

Quote:
Then play index!
No comment.

Quote:
These patterns shouldn't be difficult to hit if you just learn every part of the chart.
More like you need to be aware there are some 8th gaps in between the big 16th sections, and saying "just learn every part of the chart" is a really bad argument. That would be like me saying DP's ending trill isn't difficult to hit "if you just learn it".

If you use another noteskin for this file such as Velocity's noteskin, the background becomes less of a problem. Personally I think using these provided noteskins is a much better approach than blindly trying to "memorize" this file, because playing with the Velocity noteskin makes almost every BG file more tolerable. If one decides not to use what's given to them in the engine, then they're making the chart worse for themselves.

Granted this file does have a lot of awkward transitions too, it doesn't have a consistent 16th scheme to it. I'd find trills 10 notes long or something and then other trills being broken up into weird runningmen sections. It certainly does take a lot of concentration to read past these and physically do them, but it's better than some fast awkward bursts like in Flesvelka.

Voting high 11 on the 1-14 scale, but the 1-20 scale would probably make this fit better with the "low FGO" difficulty when it comes out.