View Single Post
Old 03-4-2019, 11:24 PM   #9
Moonlight_X
Hates Boo Flags
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mid Song Glitch (spikes) Causing Timing To Go Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
The issue is that for some reason, framerates 60+ seemingly at random disallow the processing of multiple inputs at once, and ms timing is straight up ignored. Which is why it sometimes might not even be noticeable on files that aren't very jump intensive. I'm not quite sure why time and time again I keep seeing 55fps being hailed as the supreme frame fixer for FFR but when I first noticed this happening over a year ago, I just dropped the framerate by one to 59 and it hasn't happened since.

Here's two VBB scores I got just now, the first on 59fps and the second on 60fps.

Playing something incredibly jump/hand intensive shows how much of an issue this can be, but dropping under 60 fixes it instantaneously.

I used to have this happen mid-song all the time over a year ago where it would start fine and then turn to shit at some point randomly throughout the play, was incredibly frustrating until I determined the cause.

Wow that top one is super accurate. I just tried mine on 59 and the arrows do not run smoothly, they like slow down and glitch when they are coming up. Also my chart on 60fps does not look like yours does on there, that's what mine looks like on 120FPS. Is there any other settings I should be aware of ? VSYNC etc. Anything important ?
Moonlight_X is offline   Reply With Quote