View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 02:22 AM   #95
Pizza69
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Wind0ze's post is really great and sums up my reasons for wanting this batch perfectly, as well as how my approach has shifted as a stepartist. I'm unabashedly a T11 & DEV/NULL enjoyer, I've made several technically correct 100+ files for their songs and am sure I'll make more in the future. However, partially because of the experience of charting those and then experiencing them months later as a player, my principal focus in charts I've made in the past year and a half or so has been on flow and matching the intensity of the song... which is exactly the goal of most modern dump charting (though my charts have still generally been fully technical). So, I'm just here to give a massive +1 to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind0ze View Post
It is this perspective on dump charting that I think FFR has been gravitating towards, and I think it makes sense as it's just an extension of how players already perceive harder charts. The inclusion of dumps into FFR does not necessarily have to compromise the site's focus on charts with a strong association to the music, as long as dumps are evaluated with the expectation of an approach like this.