Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 11:29 PM   #122
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

The CDC and the WHO aren't the *only* viable sources of information. Yeah yeah, we shouldn't listen to everything the media says, but news articles can be credible if they back themselves up with good sources. I personally have been reading NYT for coronavirus news. It's much easier to get information from news sources than parsing primary data myself, so why not? For example, I saw an article about how loss of smell could be a unique symptom of coronavirus that separates it from the flu and the common cold. Is that cool info to keep in mind? Yeah. Am I gonna assume I'm safe if I get sick but can still smell things? No.

Granted, the amount of false information on my social media feed has been infuriating. Some people post false information out of goodwill, which doesn't personally rattle me too bad. But the people who post conspiracy theory shit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3t4kn1ght View Post
Interesting to see how people in the States are dealing with it. Countries around me are locking down and our government doesn't think its necessary. Though I feel like our hospitals would be put under a lot less pressure if we did. If people here stayed at home for two weeks it'd become clear who's infected or not and the dicline in ICU visits would mean less strain on the workers involved. Sure it'd be impossible to contain completely but unknown infected are walking on the streets, visiting beaches and parks, etc. The fact that unknown infected are still spreading on mass scale kind of frightens me for certain people. No one even knows if group immunity will work.

In Europe, idunno, it all feels extremely depressing. Many international friends had to vacate back to their country due to their lockdown within a span of 3 days. Stay safe continental fam
stay at home and stay safe man.

EDIT: I've been struggling with guilt about inevitably spreading the virus to my roommates. They're essentially quarantined at home. My existence dramatically increases their risk of exposure.

I also feel guilty about continuing to smoke through this. If I end up getting hella sick, I can really only blame myself I guess. I'm otherwise pretty physically healthy, so .. heh.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 03-23-2020 at 11:44 PM..