Thread: wellllll, shit.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Default wellllll, shit.

My harddrive is around 2 years old, and it finally threw in the towel. Well, it's been hinting that it was throwing in the towel for a while now (random glitches/skips while playing games, system hangs, takes a long time to boot up, etc). So I figured I'd get a new harddrive and make a boot disk with some CD-Rs I bought today while backing up all my data.

Turns out that making a boot disk is impossible since it hangs at a certain percent and freezes up, forcing me to either wait for hours or turn it off using the "hold-down-power-button" trick. So I did that and went to just making a back up of all my files. That also hung around 24% or so... And then blue screen. Don't remember what it said exactly because I kinda just frowned at my screen. Then I got up and grabbed a slice of ham BUT BACK ON TOPIC.

So I went to the gateway website and bought one of those fancy eRecovery disks. $20 for the disk itself but nope that's not fucen good enough. Priority overnight shipping, bitches. 8]

Currently typing on my uncle's laptop (this laptop sucks lmfao). I plug in my external harddrive to see exactly what was saved in the 24% of my backup.

My downloads folder from Chrome and a small portion of my music library. No fl studio project files (VSTs, VSTis, flps, samples, etc), none of my steam library, none of my stepmania WIPs, some assorted military documents (BCT cert, AIT honor cert, awards, training history). Yeah. Shit sucks. )':

So hopefully I'll have the recovery disk no later than Friday. What a freakin adventure today was.

;~;