View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 02:31 AM   #123
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Hit 90 a week ago.
Spent last week gearing, did my first savage clear group today.
P1S is such a cohesive and well-designed fight, I love it so much. The pizza time phase is great, doing the JoonBob swap on Intemperance is fun as a tank, Grace/Purgation tankbusters are fun to do as a tank, it's just a great time. Incredibly fun.
P2S is kinda... easy? Not much to do as an offtank on this fight tbh (besides the one time a dps toucha my tether and killed us, I need to avoid getting PvPed like that I guess), pulled it a dozen times tonight and saw enrage 4 times. Group had a DRG doing like 5k dps on a good pull; if we replaced them with someone who had fingers I'm sure it would have been a clear.
Excited to get a P2S clear probably this weekend and start working on P3S, which seems like the first fight that will require actual effort to learn.

I say this all from the perspective of WAR which takes maybe half a braincell to play properly, I'm sure healers/dps/tanks with actual rotations might have a different opinion

a quick rant about P1S i hate that the PF meta is for tanks to take a damage down and not do the mechanic properly on the fire/ice/ice south tower. doing this wrong shouldnt be an option; JoonBob strat should be standard and not doing it should fucking kill your raid, fuck off with this "just take a DD because thinking is hard" shit end rant

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-11-2022 at 02:39 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote