View Single Post
Old 04-9-2014, 10:15 AM   #1183
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
do you think koreans are good at video games because there is a genetic difference to their muscluar twitch reponses? because of heredity? you do realize that if you broke down the amount of hours playing and practicing LoL to those who are ranked higher there is nearly a 1.0 correlation mark? or to like...anything other video game, doing work, practicing a skill, practicing an instrument, working, training, fucking everything in existence? and DID YOU KNOW there's this thing in the world called the empirical rule that explains statistical distributions which you so incorrectly referenced?
might be a misconception on stargroup's part due to being used to the competitive rhythm game scene, where skill caps are 1) more based on physical limits, and 2) probably more solidly defined because you're playing against arrows or whatever instead of against a living, breathing opponent.

still skill ceilings tend to exist and do vary from person to person. two different players will remain different from each other after putting in 1000 hours, and you can probably figure out which player is "better" at that point.

I would imagine it's pretty fluid in LoL as the meta can change, you can do a lot of different things in order to outplay your opponents, etc. in that sense there might always be room for individual improvement relative to other players. I wanna say some people will have more of a natural aptitude for improvement than other people, though. it has to do with everything about the person. if I'm born blind then I probably can't get very good at LoL. if my upbringing led me to become impatient and easily frustrated then I probably can't get very good at LoL.

how much genetics matters I dunno, maybe not a lot, but I don't think you can say it's not a thing at all.

/hasneverplayedamoba
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote