View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 05:47 AM   #29
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

I'll switch the order of the questions so, it's more chronological.

What is the story behind your username?

Long story short is that I have an old Ragnarok Online Guild that was called "The Missing Nins" (as ninjas) with the obvious Naruto thematic. Zabuza was the guild leader and it was someone I spent years with organizing raids etc. I was actually known as "Eternity" in that era. I was part of an elite group that played a ton and raced to get on top of the level leaderboard. He was the 1st assassin to reach level 99 and about 3 days later, I got the #2 spot and made it to level 99 as well. It might seems mundane said like that, but it took 3 years to do so and I was playing in average 10 hours/day consistently at the detriment of my health.

A few days later, I permanently loss my account and eventually quit due to letting an irl friend check the server on my account. While I wasn't paying attention, he managed to pick a fight with the main admin and break several rules over a misunderstanding of how things works. That ruined an irl friendship to some extent. I guess it's my fault for not realizing how different people can be irl and online.

After explaining myself, I was told I could start a new account from zero and keep playing, but I didn't want to grind another 3 years nonstop to get back to where I was before. So, I just quit. It was just impossible to catch up with the server economy at that point. I missed my chance. As a momento of those times, I decided to move from "Eternity" to "Haku", but "Haku" was already taken on FFR, so, I fused the "Elite" part with it to make "Hakulyte".

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?

The ease of access and replay value made me both stay and stick around on FFR. If I was tied to the community, I think I would have quit at same time as other older generations of players. I just genuinely liked to try to beat my own scores and care little about competition. That being said, I enjoy watching others grow as players and improve at the game over time.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why? (For example this can be someone from FFR you idolize/respect, an FFR rival that pushes you to improve, or a good friend from FFR that you made since joining.)

If Velocity didn't unban me in 2009 after the site went back online, I wouldn't be here today. That's significant. His dedication on the coding side of the game was also really impressive to me over the years. Honorable mention to PrawnSkunk as well.

If we're talking strictly players, it would most likely be DossarLX ODI with the Death Piano score along with others like RATO, but also brutal engine scores/SM scores. It just felt unreal at the time. If we're including SM, I'd mention ThaoR in terms of impact.

If we're talking actual involvement with the site then it would be Hateandhatred for literally making me leave my home to attend Anime North and meet some FFRers in person.

Anyone who felt like talking to me at any point over anything FFR related over the years. There's a ton of old names I would name, but most of them are no longer on the site. The rest probably already know who they are.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR? (Can be for the game or the website.)

Oh, they're already trying to rebuild the engine. If this somehow make the game run smoothly here then that would be it. There's still a few "framefix" things left, but a lot of it has been taken care of already.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote