View Single Post
Old 08-6-2011, 05:27 AM   #25
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: I got a graphic design job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGone View Post
I hope I'm not annoying or nagging you writing this, don't take this the wrong way

Zoom out to see the big picture.

Even if your client does like it, you are the professional doing the job here (the client is paying you for your expertise in the field, you would know better than him/her what works and is effective. He gives you the basic idea of what he wants, you present to him results and maybe propose ideas and alternatives)

I'm no expert in this, but I think the other members summed up the critiques on it. Looking at the big picture, if this was a banner, you want it to be as clear as possible to get the message across. If a passerby takes one quick glance at it, can he/she read it clearly? People won't stop and read/ponder over every banner they see, so it has to be as legible as possible. Unfortunately even reading the 3d text on my PC screen now gives me trouble making it out. Legibility IMO, is more important than making it fancy to stand out. If its so over the top and fanciful but people can't read the message then it loses its point

My 0.02$
But i'm no expert in this either. And my dad knows this. If someone was searching for someone to do a graphic design project for them. They wouldn't come to me, this is extenuating circumstances...
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote