Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #98
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

Opinion on this vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9qDKcUaPUo (I know its a normie clickbait vid but still)

I watched it last night and it made me feel more positive, but I'm still scared about it overall

If healthcare and hospitals are straining because of too many people, could it not be because people are overreacting? I've seen so many reports about people who have gone to the hospital and then been sent to self-isolation, so idk what to base my opinion on

I've heard stories of people who have had it with literally zero symptoms, and I've heard that once you recover from it, you basically become immune to that "strain" of it (but that new ones might come back)

I agree with shutting everything down and keeping distance/self-isolating, but at the end of the day, based on what I've seen, I feel like if an "average" person (not too old, decently healthy, no major health issues) gets it, then they will be really sick for a bit and then recover and be immune, so it does seem over-hyped to me tbh, but I worry for the people who are forced to continue working, who have health issues, who have bad immune systems etc (so obviously I'm gonna keep self-isolating)

edit: also I want to add that atm I have a pretty terrible cough and extremely stuffed up sinuses and typical flu-like symptoms but I think it's just the flu, I've been in bed and haven't left my room for around 3-4 days at this point, because I don't want to infect my family (even though I doubt I have it)

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 03-22-2020 at 03:13 PM..