View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #919
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

So, I will reiterate and elaborate on my thoughts on Olimar. I think these are the main relevant quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimar12345 View Post
Sorry to break up all these reads, but how does this "The Organization" (third party) work? Do they win with the wolves or humans; what is their win condition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Olimar is a super transparent player, it likely means he's genuinely confused about the setup

Most nsmers don't know about pr hunting or how to initiate it

But given how some of his questions can be answered by reading I think he's third party trying to mask his questions about the role specifically as more general setup questions

It checks out
Quote:
Also, what happens when Clair finds Chris? Do they win independently?

I'm just trying to decipher the game into lingo that I'm more familiar with:
-3 wolves (master, Birkin, roleblocker)
-10 humans (seer, guardian, Clair & Chris (special wincons?), confirmed, and 5 vanillas)
-1 third party (wasn't sure if it was a fool or not, or how they win really)
Quote:
Yeah, please don't. I have a job and cannot post during school hours. The game says no ootc, which bion means no ootc, and for someone who just made a fuss at me in discord about doing that several games ago, you should know better. >:/

[...]

Despite my little interactions here, reading through the thread Noc reads pretty town for me right now, based on past interactions with him (both as wolf partners and as humans).
Quote:
Like I said, olimar tends to be transparent. But he's also pretty smart and I think he could've figured out the answers to those questions

So I guess I'd say they were questions he had but he rushed to ask them to cover up instead of reading more thoroughly
Quote:
my only 2 scum reads are celery and olimar which is disappointing but I'm guessing the rest of scum are hidden in inactives

I'm going for celery over olimar because wolves take priority over third party imo
I don't think olimar is mafia because:
  1. I think the mafia in general are motivated to try to look for the serial killer during the day because it is a way of looking like they are helping the town, without having to lie or look bad for susing town players. So I think in most cases, if a mafia is arguing that someone is the serial killer, they probably actually believe it. Calling another mafia the serial killer, could be a good way to make it seem like you are not both mafia, but it is also more convoluted than just calling them suspicious in general, and still draws attention to that person in a way that is probably not good for the mafia.
  2. To me when flash flash is describing olimar as "transparent" and giving information about the type of person he thinks olimar is, I feel like flash flash was being genuine. Since most of us do not really know olimar, I do not think flash flash trying to introduce him as, basically, smarter than he looks, is a good strategy if they are both mafias. If flash flash is worried that olimar being a "transparent" person means he will make a mistake as a mafia, I think the tactic of calling him a serial killer specifically, is a strange way to go about it.
  3. When olimar said "the game says no ootc, which bion means no ootc, and for someone who just made a fuss at me in discord about doing that several games ago, you should know better. >:/", I think that was something that would not be smart to bring up if they are both mafia. It makes it obvious that flashflash may not be being genuine by trying to ping olimar, since he "should know better." olimar still says flash flash seems town later in the same message, but still.

I don't think olimar is the serial killer because:
  1. It is my understanding that whoever the serial killer was had to tell blind before anybody could post, about what special power they should get. I think if it was not clear to them already how to win from their role message, that's the best time and place to be asking, as opposed to asking everybody.
  2. If olimar was pretending to be confused about how to win, it is still probably not a good strategy, because everyone will be associating you with the third party in their mind, because you're talking about it so much.