View Single Post
Old 11-1-2011, 01:37 PM   #19
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Classical Music Attribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynosaur View Post
Rondo Alla Turca really needs to be called that otherwise far less people will play it because they won't know what it is. What about just "Rondo Alla Turca" followed by the K number?
Not sure if you looked at my final list but I proposed changing it to "Rondo Alla Turca" Sonata No.11 K331 Mvt.3. As you can see the common name is right there, so there will be no confusion.

The only ones that are changing dramatically are Turkish March (to Marcia Alla Turca, which I think is not too bad), Etude in E Major to "Tristesse" Etude, and Molto Vivace, which I've already explained is just a horrible mis-naming to begin with. Everything else has the name by which FFR is used to calling it, PLUS the correct information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynosaur View Post
Also I disagree with putting usernames as "performers" when the music is a MIDI file or remastering etc. That's not performing. But that's just my Op.inion :P
There are no usernames as performers atm. Only Xandertrax once, credited as an arranger because the version of Mephisto Waltz No.1 in FFR is not the same as Liszt's original, i.e. Xandertrax arranged it.
I suppose we could take Xandertrax out of the performer attribution entirely and label it as -Shortened-, not entirely sure why subin went with this method but it was still technically correct so I went with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
I mean, honestly, ""Rondo Alla Turca" Sonata No.11 K331 Mvt.3 v2"? That's too long to show up in its entirety in the song menu (keep in mind it's very important that the v2 is shown in a clear place to distinguish the versions of the song)
The length of the text field on the legacy engine is definitely a valid issue. Not sure what we would do about this, as it's caused other songs to be mis-labeled as well (Of course you need... need me is labeled wrong, the true name of that song is stupidly long lol)
I'd argue that we should change the names AND find a way to make more space on the engine, but maybe that's not possible. I'd love if someone more admin-ish could weigh in on this, *wink wink*

Last edited by hi19hi19; 11-1-2011 at 01:45 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote