View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 08:23 PM   #296
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

As far as Anti-Pearl is concerned, I don't think activity is necessarily a huge indicator of alignment by itself, but it's a player's actions that lets them be evaluated. If Pearl posts just enough to avoid replacement, they remain a cypher that continues on into the later game, with no evidence to make a case for or against them. It also raises a mechanical concern: if town, can they be counted on to vote? If scum, will they throw in a fatal vote when we're least expecting it?

With most players, total inactivity to this point would be concerning, but possibly coincidental. Pearl has a history of this now.

The thing is, that still doesn't necessarily mean they're the best choice of lynch. I feel like lynching the "most likely wolf" is a better option than a useless cypher--and FG's point about interactions is valid. Plus, assuming Pearl is truly inactive, zero posts today should allow for a replacement.

But I'd be kind of okay with a Pearl lynch, albeit for slightly different reasons than Charu's essentially policy stance. Pearl may not be the best lynch, but they're probably the least worst lynch--right now, we have no expectation of contribution, and without flips they become even more dangerous as the game progresses.