View Single Post
Old 09-2-2020, 05:31 PM   #19
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stock Market Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison- View Post
I mainly trade Canadian stocks as they're free on the platform I use.

I have a pretty conservative portfolio so far. Mostly just holding for retirement, but definitely willing to take some risk before this tech bubble pops.
just gotta dance until the music stops. then we need to sit down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
i invested a little into tesla and im seeing good return on that lol other than that i don't know shit i just knew tesla would be big one day
tesla is just insane.. i refuse to touch it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumaestro View Post
I like that there is an increase in market participation. It should mean more people can become financially literate, and learn how to read financial statements.

I still question why some new-ish companies see huge share price growth without the profits to back it up. It know it's based on potential profits and possible future cash flows, but at some point it becomes a question of just how long you'd have to wait to see actual profit out of the company. Hype only lasts so long. That's why I like Warren Buffet; his strategy is actually pretty simple with time in market and investing in business models you can understand.

As far as your last point, you can consider the taxes you pay on your earnings a contribution to society.
funnily enough i think the current state of the market is bringing in people who are not willing to learn about the fundamentals or technicals behind 'trading and investing' and they will permanently take their leave once they get burned. i'm already seeing a lot of it happen after tesla drew down yesterday and today. people can't even seem to stomach 2 days of fat red candles going downwards.

and as for the huge share price growth, the market looks forwards.. sometimes too forwards. like zoom for example. i don't think the market actually cares about profit anymore. because if they did, intel should be way higher, but it's not - because people only look at the potential room for growth. the only exception to 'potential growth' would be megacaps like apple/amazon where there is still unlimited room for growth based on their business model & scale.

and yeah, that short-term gains tax is going to suck. especially as a california resident. i'm thinking of moving to someplace like washington if i get bigger and bigger.

Last edited by mi40; 09-2-2020 at 05:31 PM..
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote