View Single Post
Old 01-8-2019, 06:35 AM   #2
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Speech, Power, and Responsibility

i believe everyone has the right to speak their mind ,if someone happens to follow another's ideology and takes action based on it then they're accountable for it as long as they have followed said ideology freely(families enforcing religions, schools enforcing ideologies and such all dont fit) the only time the first party would be accountable is when the person who took action isn't there to take the blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Do those with power have a higher moral responsibility w/r/t their actions and words compared to others?
Generally yes. the bigger the action that's taken the more responsible they'd be.
It's ok to drop the responsibility if you're sure the other party isn't gonna take any drastic action(making edgy jokes with your friends)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
How responsible are they for the actions of people they affect? If somebody else carries out an act in your name, what are you obligated to do to repent? (This includes with misinterpretations of your words)
it mostly depends on how large the scale of the action is, if what i happen to say ends up starting a nuclear war then yes i am very much responsible, if it only ends up making a little kid stop believing in santa claus then it's fiine monkaS

I wouldn't say they're obliged to repent that's optional, the thing that may be obliged is punishment on them depending on how grave the action was.

usually in everyday talk non of this takes place(the actions) and if someone seems like they may do I'd personally avoid talking to them in my free time, maby give them a well thought talk then stop at that.

Antori is offline   Reply With Quote