View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #1037
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: World of Warcraft

I don't think hit cap is remotely necessary for prot paladins. Having some certainly helps, but so little of my threat is coming from actual weapon swings anymore. Between exorcism working on everything, shield of the righteous, hammer of the righteous hitting 4 targets and consecrate up all the time, I'm spamming off so many things that generate gobs of threat, that even the odd miss and dodge here and there barely dents my threatgen.

Pretty much the only thing that has any hope of pulling initial threat away from me is a retribution paladin whose darkmoon card greatness procs on the opening salvo. And even they I can pretty much stay ahead of if they are following directions enough to be hitting the same thing that gets my exorcism and judgement.

That said, I know several warrior tanks who gem for expertise, and I'm using a shield with hit specifically to help ease the threat generation burden, but my avoidance is much better compared to the rest of my needed combat stats than it used to be in BC.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote