View Single Post
Old 02-9-2009, 02:12 PM   #263
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post

I suppose that half the reason why so many bosses in Wrath have enrage timers now is to actually force higher standards onto raiding DPS. If your tanks are good enough, and your heals are good enough, you used to not especially have to care how good the DPS was because they'd drop eventually. At least now DPS gets to see some of the work and effort that has already been going into making sure your tanks meet -all- the necessary requirements instead of just "being able to do ao bunch of damage, I guess"

That's not true. Pre tbc alot of raid bosses were heavily dependent on ridiculous dps. In 40 man naxx there was alot of bosses that would put stacks of debuffs on your tank to where the fight became impossible after a certain point. You have to switch tanks in and out to drop off debuff stacks. I remember grull in tbc being like that to.

One of my favorite bosses was the 2nd one in black wing lair. It was just a huge dps race. Also the abomination thing from naxx 40. I haven't done the new 10-25 man naxx so i am not sure if its just exactly the same or not.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote