Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
how the hell do you get banned from neopets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
most frustratingly, we'll never get an answer for this
You forgot about DEATH POSTS BABY

I don't know about these days, but back in the day it was incredibly difficult NOT to get banned from Neopets. All my homies had backup accounts on the ready

When the site first started the mods would interact with people on the forum and would ban people for personal reasons. This never happened to me but I saw it happen multiple times

There were also tons of whack rules. You could get banned for:

attempting to bypass the swear filter

giving "identifiable information". This could include things like "I'm Canadian" or "My time zone is PST"

Coordinating a friend adopting one of your pets instead of just sending it into the abyss

I don't remember the exact specifics anymore cause this happened in like 2003 but one of my neofriends got banned for talking about being a furry. we started a whole campaign to unban her with a guild and pet pages that we would send people to. Not sure what we thought that would accomplish and I don't remember if she got her account back or just came back with an alt.

Now for myself, it was the stupidest reason ever. I'd had some random accounts banned in the past but my OG alt which became my main is the one I'm talking about. I had a complete plushie collection at one point in time, every plushie item in the game. I listed these in my shop at ridiculous prices to show them off, aka a "gallery". I stopped playing

FF to like 2011 or something and I log in for maybe 2 hours for nostalgia and then log off. The next day, I get an email about how I am banned because it is illegal to have a gallery in your shop since they have now added a gallery feature. They added this feature at some point in the time I had stopped playing and I just never noticed that it existed. I emailed them explaining the situation and they emailed back saying fuck off (not exactly that but yeah I wasn't getting my account back).

I just looked up my username and apparently it exists but I can't login using any of the passwords I would have used, so I can't verify if it's my account that was unbanned or if it's someone else. There is also apparently a pet with my username which 100% isn't mine which is kinda funny

So that is how you get banned from neopets lol