View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 08:58 AM   #1450
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums halp

Day 972: Love of Plastic by Shinichi Atobe

A friend of mine recommended to me the EP this guy made in 2001 many years ago but many years after 2001. The one he made before disappearing for over a decade. I haven't listened to anything he's made since his return.

I think New York City has given me conflicting emotions about minimal techno/house type stuff, where I spend so much time around it because that city has a hard-on for music with absolutely no changes to rhythm or melody for 20 minutes or longer (that and dubstep). In certain contexts, I can vibe, but I wish there was more old-school rave stuff, or more Drum and Bass, or more breakcore, or more trance (I know of one small club but it's only good on weekdays), or really anything more than just the genres I listed.

None of these songs are over 10 minutes and most DO have some changes in them, I would say I enjoyed about 70% of this album, and that's going to be my rating (oh whoops spoiler alert). Only 2 or 3 tracks were REALLY good though, and an equal amount were boring. I went back and listened to that 2001 EP again to compare and that was WAY better.

Best Track: Beyond the Pale
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote