View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 12:12 AM   #29
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Which roll direction is easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I like to think of rolls as repeating flams that alternate between hands.
winrar

Quote:
I think this comes down to how I position my fingers.
I think that varies a lot; I know some people generally position their fingers in a way when they jumptrill so that their inputs become more like flams rather than a straight jumptrill, but at lower speeds I think wrist rotation is a larger factor. I end up having to rotate my wrist a lot whenever I hit rolls and my ability to do rolls greatly depend on how well I can rotate my wrist in a specific direction.

Anyway, 43 > 12 > 34 > 21 for me. I guess technically I struggle more with 4321 rolls than 1234 rolls because 21 is a much bigger bottleneck than 34 (at higher speeds especially), but I think I perform more or less the same for straight rolls at most speeds

edit: unrelated but I'm pretty sure that handedness would ultimately determine which types of flams you'll generally be good at. If you're right-handed then you should do well with 43/34 flams, but whether you're good at 1234 or 4321 rolls depends more on how much you've actually worked on a certain type of motion on your left hand. More specifically I think the "weakest" flam will determine which rolls you'd be worst at

Last edited by Wiosna; 07-10-2021 at 12:15 AM..
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote