View Single Post
Old 12-2-2020, 01:28 AM   #78
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]

@FFA

I think you could have easily lived D0 if you didn't miss EoD tbh.
I know this is a dumb reason, but this is like traffic hour in the thread and it's when nearly 100% of everyone is online at same time.
You can get heard more in that moment and it's usually a game changer.

@Shadow God

I know sometimes you don't like what I post because it feels like it comes out of nowhere, but even in these posts there's usually have a reason. When I start talking about worlds, it's not usually because I think I found 3 wolves. It's because I feel like we need to find something else to think about. It's more an emotional play than a logical one. The long post I made was literally me attempting to show I was trying to share what I was trying to do without finalizing my thoughts. In this game, I was constantly uncomfortable with this FG/T-Force/Plop world. I ended up looking into DBP as a potential wolf, being unsure of Plop and assuming the wolves were generally town PRs. What normally happen in winning games for me is that I reach this point where I get enough town reads to poe wolves. I couldn't safely do that here because Plop/T-Force were too difficult to safely town read and even if I somehow got there, I don't think I could have convinced the rest of town that they are town. I think what I needed the most from them was to understand their game progression and why their play makes sense as town. Basically, their meta is good if they roll wolf, but not so good for when they're town imo unless they roll PR and can save themselves later on due to mechanics.

Also, I hope you tone down the hyperbole comments like "im gonna beat you with a chair for saying this" because hey, this -is- a game of assumptions. If I assume something that makes absolutely no sense to you this also counts as valuable information because you should be asking yourself "why is Haku thinking that and not the same thing as me?". What you should really fear is when the game gets boring and everyone in town seems to agree to the same conclusion while the wolf team is also intact. I guess another thing I would suggest is to try to compress your posts into fewer posts and dedicate more time to listening/thinking over discussing. Communication is important, but what you say/think will gain more value if you invest a little more time thinking at why you're posting what you're posting. I'm also still guilty of that at times. I tried to do a little less of that and found other things to occupy my thoughts temporarily e.g: playing other games/objection.lol stuff. I felt like it would help people have less stuff to read when they come back to more quickly add more of their own content.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 12-2-2020 at 04:18 AM..