View Single Post
Old 08-9-2016, 12:57 PM   #17
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Another Metroid 2 Remake (AM2R)

just beat it, 5:05 75% on hard mode
now it's time to run it on normal

the game was really great, bosses were challenging but then the ending boss happened and I was just sitting there feeling... like really? this was so anti-climactic some of these bosses are nuts (the tester took me maybe 30 minutes to kill lol). but fuck, the ending boss took me two tries. TWO TRIES. and this is because I accidentally hopped up next to the door on the second phase and got locked in the corner. this could have too easily been a one-shot boss. I didn't kill any other boss in one try.

also, I really did not like the omega metroid mechanics. the only thing hard about them is that they hit really fucking hard and if you get backed into a corner you're fucked. good thing there's a super convenient way to just bypass all that shit. I exploited the AI like crazy on omega/zeta metroids lol. there's nothing fun about short hopping, firing a missile, and jumping into the entrance to the room for 40 missiles. this is one of those instances where time is used to make the encounter seem hard.

at some point, the game stopped being about discovery and it started being about spending a few minutes finding a metroid and spend way more time killing one.

I'm chalking this all up to being on hard mode though. I'm assuming that you just do less damage and take more of it. normal should be a breeze now.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote