Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Judge: TC_Halogen

Back 2 Ze Core (ositzxz369) [8/10]
Artist: S.I.M. On Kor Funkle -- Perms: OK

- 12.957: glaring incorrect PR on this note (best on U)
- 26.152: technically this is a missing jump
- 40.012: moving this one note to R will make the pattern a bit easier since there’s not the strain of a 3-arrow jack on U
- on another note, those burst patterns are jarring being so mini-trill heavy; this isn’t to say they’re bad for playability, given that they’re mostly 3-note mini-trills
- 1:12.859: these are two different percussion samples, so a [UR] minijack isn’t quite accurate
- 1:16.736: technically there is a sound on the 32nd, but it’s so insignificant that keeping it in the same flow as the rest of the roll which follows the audible kicks is a little awkward; move it out of the way (a R will do fine)
- 1:24.268: technically these should be delayed a bit but it’s not a big deal since it’s still pretty apparent what’s being accented
- this song is one giant meme and I love it, aha
- chart’s pretty well polished overall - quite rudimentary and nothing stands out as amazing, but it’s effective and does the job.

Brostep Strikes Back (Psychotik) [7/10]
Artist: Gammer -- Perms: OK

- offset changed from -0.128 to -0.134
- 6.142: is this supposed to be for the guitar? There are other notes to this but I can understand if it’s just signifying the presence of the guitar without intending to follow it over the other samples
- 10.734: should also be a jump if we’re focusing on accenting the incoming snare
- 17.634: likely should be a color note since there’s two pronounced accents
- 19.334: these long chains of repeated 8ths feel a bit off
- 27.200/etc: there’s not really any significance behind making this a jump aside from the synth not falling on a 4th, but you leave 26.667 open as a single too -- additionally, there’s actually a bit of a delay compared to all other notes that places this note on the 16th (at 27.234/etc).
- 30.667: ghost note
- 42.934: since you’re attempting pitch relevance in this section, it can be improved a bit here
- 49.734: tasteful slowdown placement
- 56.934: this section seems to take on direct layering, so a jump here is technically inaccurate as the vocal sample only exists on the two 16ths afterward
- 1:03.934: missing jump?
- 1:12.034/(etc): not necessarily an error, but I feel like with the really strong presence of the repeating motif here, notes like these for the piano get lost since they’re not accented any directly (the white note for claps are great).
- 1:29.634/1:32.834/(etc): missing note for vocal sample
- second buildup also feels a bit weird at 19.334, same reason because jacks
- rhythmic/minor layering issues from the first drop exist in the second half as well
- 2:30.734: this note and the next one are different, so repeated U is not quite right
- this file’s actually got good structure overall; many of the issues are easily fixable - make sure your rhythms are accurate on the finer details and a bit more PR cleanup will do you well

Q.E (Pizza69) [7.5/10]
Artist: Frums -- Perms: OK

- 14.154: kick should be a touch more delayed
- 35.980: should be three-note jack according to earlier parts of your structure
- 57.537 to 1:14.682: throughout this section, there are some missing notes for the snares that you intermittently follow (right after 59.872, right after 1:05.621, etc)
- 1:01.489: missing jump for kick? There a number of others throughout -- some might be more arguable given the other things followed around
- 1:10.583: this is the 64th right before the 12th note you have here; this is where the melodic note lands
- 1:53.585: this staircase pattern is a nice choice, but the accenting of it kinda gets tapered a bit because the section immediately before it is already doing forward streaming - might be necessary to play with patterns a bit more
- 2:01.040: incorrect rhythm
- 2:08.136: I was under the impression that jumps might have been getting ignored as a result of the “solo”-like melody going on, but you get absolutely assaulted here; why are jumps ignored earlier on but not here?
- 2:11.369: first part of this is not 24ths (it becomes correct starting at the 4th a touch later)
- some liberties are taken to keep the colors better quantized than they are by avoiding delayed percussion; it works nicely.
- patterning is solid in a lot of points; I noticed some pretty attentive patterning to the chopped vocals
- solid chart; could more polish but i’d argue good enough as is

Smash and Burn [6.5/10]
Artist: Willrock07 -- Perms: OK

- 0.541: not a big deal, but there shouldn’t be three repeated notes, as the first note and the two notes following are different pitches in the synth bass (you handle this properly in other instances a bit later)
- a common, recurring theme (and potential structural issue) within this chart is the tendency to accent slower guitar tremolos/synth pitch bending with trills -- this is a good idea in concept; however, it frequently shares rhythms common to other elements in the song that are more prominent, which can muddle up the structure:
----- 26.795/26.899 are fine represented with normal coloring because they’re prominent, two notes following it are arbitrarily placed simply as placeholding for the synth pitch bending
----- 27.836: from here, the next six 16th notes are part of the melody which is totally acceptable to have notes for of course, but the stream continues in pacing/appearance and adds what feel like ghost notes at 28.566 and 28.774
----- 29.501/29.604 are accented notes on L/U, but a trill appears here because the subsequent notes follow the wobbling pitch
----- there are other instances of this that make the structure a fair bit clunkier than it should be
- chart could in general be a bit better in terms of pattern placement/pitch relevance (though the minijacks are a nice touch).
- 29.501: missing triple for accent
- 33.875: nice ear on this repetition, good touch -- you should start 34.708 with that same sequence as well for the best attention to detail
- 37.000: this pattern is spicy; very nice way to close out this musical phrase
- 40.542/etc: watch your pitch relevance; these triples shouldn’t be the same
- 1:23.875/(etc): opportunity for a brief little blip if you listen carefully - not necessary, but just something to consider
- 1:20.125: pretty heavy cymbal crash; could be a triple
- 1:42.625: could definitely play with patterns a bit better here; the first part is fine repeating U-D-L repeatedly because that sequence of triplets does repeat the same note a few times
- 1:52.417: some missing jumps here?
- 1:58.563: I know the triple potentially gets in the way here, but with your layering structure, there should be a jump here for the kick, next jump at 1:58.667 removed, then a jump added at 1:58.771
- 2:19.709: missing note
- 2:25.959: no 24ths here
- lots of minor mistakes peppered throughout the chart; however, the structure is definitely promising -- for the most part, the rhythms are accurate and it is coherent
- quite an ambitious attempt, I think this is pretty close to acceptable overall
- get that pitch relevance improved, especially in the faster melodies, and it will play so much better overall

The Beast (Deamerai) [7.5/10]
Artist: Skeeter -- Perms: OK (user-specified)

- 4.848/etc: cute pattern choices to follow the audio panning; I do think you can do slightly better so as to not lock one column to 8 note repetition, but as it stands the idea is creative
- 9.496: could use a colored accent
- 9.646: if this triple is moved to [LDU] instead, you have maximal relevance on the kicks and snares
- 18.043: alright, this sample is now going to have been in two FFR songs; I need to find it for my own musical purposes
- 21.266: should also be a jump
- 23.590: why is there an 8th anchor here?
- 26.739: remove jump
- 40.833: missing note for the swish sound (3/64 before this)
- 48.030: nasty, oof
- 57.625: vocal sample is still going here, should be a 16th later
- 1:20.416: jump seems to follow a rather insignificant sound here
- 1:25.738: feels like there should be a jump here
- 1:33.085: ^, here as well
- 1:40.507: if the piano is part of the layering in this section, then this should be a jump for layering purposes (can be omitted if we’re only working on accenting)
- 1:45.530: not a fan of this abrupt burst; the other one that’s five notes kinda has a pretty long and sharp buzz, but this one you can barely hear, yet the motion is brutally jarring
- 1:51.902: triple doesn’t quite land on any accent here
- this chart definitely needs some more pattern variation - a respectable amount of accenting revolves around [DR] jumps (at least, enough to note it after playing through the chart multiple times)
- highly regimented structure, but it is consistent
- structure is passable; could be a bit improved overall
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl