View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 05:10 PM   #18
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Autotelic Files and Packs - General Information

While the charts make sense for the most part and are kinda fun to play, I think you are far too focused on making them enjoyable difficulty-wise. Additionally you are ignoring the big picture by designing things in a section per section basis. I reject them due to this fundamental mismatch of approach.

The main focus of these packs is representing a song to its fullest extent. Fun aspects related to physically playing the game (difficulty and cool paterns) ideally should arise naturally from song dynamics (structure, layering, interesting rhythms, etc), or at least designed around these dynamics. Overall difficulty is purely incidental and the file should be enjoyable even if one's level of proficiency in the game is far above the minimum to reasonably play it.

For a quick reference, you can consider my standards of quality harsher than the recent judging on FFR.

Also keep in mind the following term:
Quote:
-At most one file actively under review per stepartist. Anything that is not releasable or rejected is considered active;
I'll let it slide this time around as I could summarize the review quickly, but you should send only one file at a time. I'll reword the original post a bit to make things easier to understand and clarify what is considered releasable.

If you think all of this is too much trouble for submitting files, that's kind of the point. Only send something if you think it's worth having your file featured in a pack with my standards of quality and/or think you'll benefit from my input in the reviews.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote