View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #8
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Nvidia RTX 30 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post
I know something like this has a bunch of scalpers and bots going at it.

It'd be really good if Nvidia reviewed the orders and scanned sites like ebay, newegg, and craigslist to find people doing that stuff, but I doubt they'd take that extra step to see that they're shipping out to people who would use the graphics cards for legitimate reasons.

My real question otherwise is if there's specific hardware that the 10 and 20 series is compatible with that the 30 series isn't? It wouldn't be too effective to buy the part to upgrade if it turns out it doesn't have the same compatibility.
sorta.

We reached out to Nvidia this morning about this and were given the following statement: “Yesterday, we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.”

To combat buyers using bots, as well as the scalpers that have already flooded eBay, Nvidia is “doing everything humanly possibly, including manually reviewing orders in an effort to get these GPUs in to the hands of legitimate customers.”

https://www.kitguru.net/components/g...-availability/

Last edited by phe0nixblade; 09-19-2020 at 01:41 PM..
phe0nixblade is offline   Reply With Quote