View Single Post
Old 08-8-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Quick rant on fitness

I probably could've put this in my progress thread, but I thought this subject needed it's own thread. As of the past few months, I see a lot of people trying to improve their health/lifestyles or trying to get those "gains." (On and off forums). I'm by no means an expert, but I thought I'd like to share my opinion on what supplements actually really matter. Keep in mind, this information is biased only because I'm going off of my personal past experience.

1) Creatine - Not worth it
I chose to talk about this one first because this is probably the most commonly used supplement for people who do free weights (me). At first, I was a huge advocate of creatine - why? Because I thought it was helping me get the rapid strength gains within the first year of my journey. I appeared bigger (definitely bloaty), was getting stronger at a pretty good pace.
Within the last 2-3 months, I've stopped taking creatine completely. And guess what? Nothing fucking happened. The only thing I notice from this supplement is that I piss it out within 10 to 15 minutes.

2) Whey Protein powder DEFINITELY not worth it
Also a waste of money. I have not purchased one tub of whey protein in the last 4 months. For the longest time, I used to think whey protein was ESSENTIAL for recovery and muscle building. Why? Because that's what the "experts" say. Here I am blowing 30 to 50 bucks a tub on protein, just to find out it's making me blow a hot one in the toilet.

3) BCAAS Not worth it
Also another waste because BCAAS are in your protein powder. It's also in a lot of the food you eat.

4) Preworkout Not worth it
Eh, I actually do like preworkout, but once again, it doesn't make you any stronger.

5) Test boosters Not worth it
All it did was make my dick hard. No strength gains were acquired.

6) Premade protein shakes Not worth it
Also waste of money.

Supplements that do matter

1) Food Good shet
For obvious reasons. Eating REAL food vs synthetic bullshit is always going to win. For example, 5 egg whites is gonna be better than 1 scoop of whey

2) Sleep Good shet
If you don't sleep, you don't grow/perform well

For the longest time, I used to give supplements (the first list) so much praise during my journey. Because of that, I was discrediting the hard work that I put into all of this.

Don't waste your money. Eat, sleep, and train.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 08-8-2018 at 09:14 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote