View Single Post
Old 07-3-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Goldenwind
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: "How do I make a song (for FFR)?" - A guide

Quote:
Note that only a dwi and mp3 should be present in a folder in the zip.
I've been sending in complete packages (SM, DWI, MP3, banner and background), and I've had none be rejected or denied for having "too much". DWI and MP3 are the mandatory files. The way I explained to package them, the DWI and MP3 will be included.

Quote:
Also, I'm pretty sure you miss the first and hit the second with jack-syndrome.
It depends on the jack. Some of them you will get Perfect on one, but a Good on another... some are so bad, you can't even FC it, as it's gaurenteed you will miss at least one. It depends on the number of frames, and how you hit them.

Quote:
In terms of finding the gap you don't need to measure it. As long as you're close with your bpm you can change the gap while playing the entire song. It's really easy to put in some quarter notes, play it and his F11/F12 with tick-assist on.
It was a suggestion. I also mentioned trail and error with F11/F12 in my suggestions.

Quote:
Mention the 2-second cutoff thing.
True. Will do that.

Quote:
Pretty thorough otherwise. Maybe you could add links to the other threads like this one?
There are links spread throughout my post. Some to download sites for WinZip, WinRar, Stepmania, SoundForge, etc... some to other posts on Jack Syndrome, Blanket Permissions, etc. The guide is designed such that people will take it step by step, therefore I provided the links at the stages people will need them.

Quote:
Edit: It should be how to make a stepfile, not how to make a song. And is this in the correct forum?
Words are sketchy. Some people use "simfile" and "stepfile" interchangably. FFR has a "Simfile DB", however it's really a database of the steps + the music, is it not? When people open Stepmania, you think "Wow, I have a lot of songs", not "Wow, I have a lot of files", right? It's debatable, but I don't think I was in the wrong.

As for the forum, it's also sketchy. If a forum mod sees it fit elsewhere, it can be moved.

Last edited by Goldenwind; 07-3-2007 at 08:33 AM..
Goldenwind is offline   Reply With Quote