View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #1055
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
The wording you used was "closing up opportunities" I don't need to be opportunistic because I'm not trying to force mislynches

Why hasn't roundbox solved the game yet, we should lynch him
I still see this as a silly push that he could do to try to make roundbox and him seem like they are not aligned, particularly since ffa does not hold the read later in the day, unlike the Cel suspicion. Going through his early posts, it still seems to me ffa really, genuinely wanted to hang Cel and was emphasizing a dynamic where manti was town because Cel was sus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimar12345 View Post
Thanks, wording it like that makes a whole lot more sense.

And wow crucify me for trying to figure out how the game works before I play it, why don't you. I also don't play resident evil, so all of the references go over my head.
This is very reactive, I think toward Haku and ffa, who were kind of susing him for his questions. If olimar could make it more clear why he kind of shaded ffa's reasoning against him, but did not make it that clear if he thought ffa was being genuine or not, that would be helpful.

Quote:
Rip

Well I don't think I'll be having any more original thoughts until more people join. Comfortable with my vote on roundbox and my reads on xel Raeko and celery

Manti is starting to slip due to preferring HotS over league

Curry is giving me his town vibes, I'll be able to tell pretty easily if they shift to wolfy vibes
Quote:
curry's entrance is pretty middling in a vacuum but this is town curry and I'd stake my life on it

I also value my meta read of curry over winning the game so don't bother asking why he's towny
The first message was posted after Curry's first post. The second one is on page 16. So for him to say the entrance is "middling" actually contradicts the first post. This kind of implies that his ideas on Curry are less genuine than I was reading them as being.

Quote:
"I'm a dastardly wolf and I will be much less suspicious if I say I have TWO town reads rather than just one! Mwahahaha!"

yeah no
I do still like ffa's sarcastic commentary here; that seems very genuine to me. It's very important to me to get a sense of whether ffa actually believed this read, because ffa claims to understand Curry very well, so if ffa really can perfectly read him and believes the read, it has implications for Curry both being non-mafia and non-SK.

Regarding olimar's reaction to ffa pinging him to play the game here, a lot of this post comes across as chastising ffa, while still leaning ffa as town. So really it is more significant to me, that ffa was pushing olimar as an sk read so strongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimar12345 View Post
...thanks? Also yeah only human noc is this dumb. Wolf noc is a different kind of dumb.
This seems to be in direct response to ffa reading him as the serial killer. It is the same kind of theme, of calling ffa a bad player basically but brushing him off as a town.

Quote:
my only 2 scum reads are celery and olimar which is disappointing but I'm guessing the rest of scum are hidden in inactives
ffa drops the vote/mafia read on roundbox without him making substantial posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

????
this is a really dumb thin town lean

normally I townread you and hard defend you but I have no idea what the hell you're doing this game

this ain't paranoia dawg
this is a hot take that I like
rb brought attention back to the fact that ffa gave a weak read on raeko, which is kind of a plus. Although he sussed both of his partners the only time I have seen him as a wolf, specifically drawing attention to their connection is better than attacking them separately for other things.

Quote:
lots of this thread is boring bullshit that I couldn't be arsed to respond to
not cynicism, just nothing terribly engaging

FFA looks the goofiest; the only towny thing he did was proclaim that he has interactions with a bunch of people and cannot be a wolf because of relationships
after this ffa gives a couple of silly reasons to sus roundbox, like his use of the word "weird" or something, and kind of forgets about him.

Quote:
If you really want third party dead, I think it's olimar

You're welcome
Quote:
If I'm going to be completely honest I interpreted your vote on curry as bait for me since I didn't recall you having any sort of suspicion on him before then (enough for a vote anyway)

I decided to wait and see if you were serious since the last thing I want is to give you more ammunition

I decided you actually wanted to see a curry flip but I guess my initial thought was right eh
Quote:
as for who I find scummy:

I'm not confident enough on FFA to drop a vote on him
haku I think has been pretty level this game
zoshi hasn't done anything inherently wolfy aside from the silly angle on lynching the SK
ind's been posting regularly and nothing crazy has stood out

basically I hate scumhunting d0
For some reason I get more of an sk/town feeling from this post than anything, because he is not trying to make up a mafia read to deflect from ffa. But the lack of really reading anybody as mafia, goes back to my thought about him not wanting to make enemies.

I somehow didn't really get that ffa switched off of Cel to Zoshi when staying on Cel may have saved him, and nobody actually wanted to hang Zoshi. (I...am not sure how I managed that - I knew they were arguing but I did not see the vote change). It is kind of destroying my brain right now, and I just got a phone call, so I think I will come back to this later.