Old 08-28-2021, 09:52 PM   #28
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Default Re: do you ever just play rhythm games in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Here's how my messed up brain works:

Doing anything in public means you're putting on a performance. You're putting yourself out there to be judged by an audience. It's for this reason that I usually avoid playing in front of people, unless I feel it's the right audience or occasion.

I'm imagining a viral video of a man sitting at a piano in a busy mall struggling through chopsticks or something and people are pointing and giggling at him... and then without warning.... *DUN* he bangs out the opening chord to Chopin's Revolutionary Etude, and as his left hand dances down the keys the giggles quickly turn into gasps. Before long a crowd has gathered, cell phones are out and recording the event. Then just as the final notes ring out the man's smile lights up triumphantly and the whole crowd erupts into raucous applause!!

Man would I love to be alive for something similar to happen with a rhythm gamer...I think we're a long ways off there lol

Another example: talent show, there's varying levels of success here I'd say, which is impressive for a video game imo

Try substituting other video games in place of rhythm games for this. Are there any other games that people would find more entertaining to watch at a high level than a rhythm game? The only one that comes to mind for me is Tetris.
I think for dance games *specifically* (not other rhythm games), your comparison to the piano/mall situation has happened, or could very likely be pulled off, if cabs were located in more "regular" spots.

For example, as I mentioned in my post, I trolled a few folks in a similar way (playing like level 3-4 in ITG with them in versus, kind of stumbling, missing notes), then picking an 11 next song (which, is not a high difficulty, but for someone who has never played dance games/or for a super casual, it's like throwing them back to when Max 300 was considered "hard").

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if friends (who play ITG 18's-25's...even the disgusting 26's), have trolled people in public similarly, as ITG cabs often were not exclusive to arcades (similar to finding random DDR cab's lying around).

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote