Thread: Tier Points
View Single Post
Old 12-7-2017, 05:43 PM   #31
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Tier Points

Kind of skimmed this thread and I just felt like putting my 2 cents in on a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
I'm way more impressed with someone having 1k aaa's than someone who has 400 with a 100 aaa
Quote:
Let me break it down for you. Its way more impressive for "player 1" to have 1k aaa's and only have a best aaa of around 70 than "player 2" to have 400 aaas and having a 100 aaa. It means nothing. Yes, im 100% serious.
This right here really bothers me because everyone's pov regarding what's impressive varies from person to person. What can impress you may not impress others at all. When I first started playing FFR, I used to be very impressed by the amount of tp's, AAA's, and FC's a person had (just like you). But over time, I really started to care less because I realized this does not show how well a player can perform - basically, I do not find farming songs very skillful. That's essentially what FFR is.

If we are basing a person's skill level essentially on the number of these things, you're completely blind sighted. Walrusizer's comment regarding Ettiene pretty much supports that right there. Some players are just not interested in farming a bunch of (sorry to say it, not really), boring low level files. It's very common for higher level players to want to play only higher level songs.

Quote:
Lets break it down for you again. Just because someone can aaa 100s doesnt always mean they can beat players who can only aaa up to 80. Theres different types of files in the game and everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Ive gotten eliminated from every official by players who might not theoretically be better than me, just because i had a weakness in the song. It could totally play to their strengths and they could win.
This may be true in some sense - however, the person who can AAA 100's still may have the slight advantage over the person who can only AAA up to 80. You have to consider there are also many other factors on why a person who have lower AAA's might eliminate a person who AAA's 100's

1) people skill boost all the time (sometimes during tournaments)
2) some people just do not perform well in tournaments (i'm one of these people)
3) sandbagging
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 12-7-2017 at 05:54 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote