View Single Post
Old 12-1-2017, 08:02 PM   #61
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Do you have a religion?

I don't think Mina is wrong, I just think we don't see the same topic the same way.
I believe he was more targeting the concept of being religious which is by definition not flexible.

I guess it's just me being dumb with semantics and not realizing that having a religion doesn't necessary makes you religious as someone who invest a lot of time into the religion related to them.
Just because you don't have a lot of devotion, doesn't mean that you're going to reject your own religion still.

I personally think religion is not religion anymore if you force religion into someone.
Depending on which religion we're talking about, this may become a nonsense because there's definitely religions that wants you to fully believe in them.

I think we both just didn't take the time to further define what we were talking about.

Also, being smart has little to do with religion.
It just means you have a certain talent at giving yourself the tools to go through school properly.
I'm pretty sure you're aware that intelligence has multiple facets and that you can be really good at certain things while not at others.
I have friends who destroyed university like it was a joke and there's many fields where they can't compete at all even with the average person.
They just had a way of thinking that was very efficient at dealing with whatever school was throwing at them.