View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #1108
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 738: Fountain by Lyra Pramuk

I'll start by saying this is definitely one of the most unique albums I've ever heard and there's nothing it can be compared to. The descriptors I see are frequently "ambient" and "a capella" but I've heard stuff in those categories plenty and none sound quite like this. For that reason alone, I would implore you to check this out, I doubt I'll hear a more creative album this year.

That being said, I only enjoyed about a third of it. I can appreciate the album going for something totally original and there's clearly a lot of thought and care put into its crafting, but most of this straight up does not appeal to me and I found myself annoyed more often than wowed or pleased. That being said (used it twice!), this is based off of two listens and I feel obligated to give it more tries solely because of how fuckin weird it is. Hmmm....

Ask me again in the fall.

Best Track: New Moon
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 05-13-2020 at 06:29 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote