View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 03:00 PM   #144
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: life story thread

Long time no see I think the last time I was active in the community was when I was in my junior year of undergraduate (about 7 years ago). Here's what happened to me:

- Completed my bachelors degree in mathematics while I was abroad at Budapest, Hungary.
- Enrolled in Ph.D. mathematics program but decided to quit it because I wasn't ready to go into a research career due to personal issues
- Moved to Orange County, California for a temporary teaching position in mathematics. Met a roommate who introduced me to data science.
- Moved back home to NYC to complete a data science bootcamp and to work as a data engineer in finance
- Enrolled in my second Masters program to update my quantitative and gain technical skills for the industry.
- Moved to DC (where I'm currently based) to continue my data science career in consulting with government clients

Here and there, I have done a handful of freelancing projects in research and data science, built my personal website, dated a handful of women and found myself in a relationship, spent time and go on vacation with my friends and family (most recently New Orleans with friends before pandemic lockdown), and played League from time to time. Now I'm fitting FFR back in my busy schedule to see how rusty I am and to reconnect with some old friends. I probably won't be as serious as I was before, but I'll play the game to mentally destress via bashing my fingers against the keyboard.

Last edited by iironiic; 06-16-2020 at 03:00 PM..
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote