View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #306
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Unpopular gaming opinions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I think that is the core of the problem. People are replacing a hobby for fun with a job for making money.

Being a little bit competitive with your friends or watching your actual friends play games seems nice, but watching strangers that will never know you exist so you can give them $10 when they scream or over-react to something stupid is just awful.

Esports in general give kids the impression that video games are far more serious than they ever should be which creates a horrible culture. Kind of like.. sports. The last thing I ever imagined gamers wanted was to make playing video games more like angry football culture.
idk i guess most people are like that, the only reason i'd ever donate or subscribe to someone (which I do, I'm subbed to a few zelda speedrunners/racers that I've watched for years) is so that they can support themselves by doing something they enjoy lol, none of them are like "ughh gotta hit the old grind today, fuk streaming this is work!11"

like hell one runner i like alot, ennopp, ive watched him so long that he like, grew up, got married, and had two kids during the time ive been watching him lul, streaming allowed him to support himself and actually enjoy himself. another person, runnerguy, I watched his stream as he like, put himself through university and became an engineer and he just streams for fun on the side

idk what streams ur watching, i guess the normie streams like ninja, greekgod, forsen etc are terrible but I would hardly say streaming etc ruined gaming, if anything it exposes more games to people who otherwise wouldn't see or know about them
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote