View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
jvizzlez
King of Terrible Accuracy
FFR Veteran

Default unresponsive fingers

about a year ago i went on a grind to boost up to d7 so that i could maybe retire in peace or something. not that old, but hadn't had much motivation anymore and figured it would be fun to grind it out and see where i could go. I never felt like i was really overtraining, as I was stretching very often as usual, playing for 1-2 hour bursts, and then resting in between sessions. But after a few weeks of doing that, I found that I was getting worse and worse every day. I decided to take a break, but when I came back a week later I didn't feel any better. I took a month off, and came back and my fingers still had the same problem.

It's now been well over a year, almost two years now, and although I was able to get through a session just fine two days ago (and even, somehow, made improvements to a couple of my old scores), after merely 40 minutes of playing today I felt the same exact problem in my fingers: there's no pain, nothing in my wrist, or forearms, or anything at all. I feel nothing out of the ordinary. But my fingers just won't listen to me. After just a short time of playing a song, my fingers will all just start to lock up, and refuse to extend. It feels extremely bizarre, and is honestly very frustrating. Outside of stepmania/FFR I've had literally 0 issues with my fingers, and whether I use my fingers all day while typing out memos/editing/etc or I don't use them at all, my fingers feel perfect. Hop on a VSRG for two days and suddenly I'm back to square one.

No money for a doctor really, so I'm just curious as to what you guys may think it is or what I should do from here on out? I'd hate to retire because of something like this... to reiterate, there's 0 pain whatsoever, and at the same time I don't feel numb. It feels completely normal, yet my fingers just short circuit after a while and refuse to move. It even happens during extremely easy files, interestingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
This game looks like twitch chat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
according to the 10k rule im a double master in masturbation
jvizzlez is offline   Reply With Quote