View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 03:49 AM   #2
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Laptop Recommendations

I wish I had some valuable input on this from personal experience, but I've had the same laptop for 3 years or so now and it was my first one.

I'd imagine these are the main things you'll want to consider, of course:

Spacing of keys, smaller chromebooks are probably a pain in the ass to play FFR on

Durability of keys -- don't have much advice to give on this one... maybe hunt online to see if people complain about it on anything or praise some?

Key type is also important to some, but that will be something you'll have to look into for finding your preference, assuming you won't be using and external keyboard.

Able to boot in Linux if you're going to set it up, or able to run Windows classic at the very least -- from what I have found, computer doesn't make too much of a difference as long as you can disable Aero theme. That's the biggest culprit to the damn windows lag.

Screen connection: I actually have a personal issue with this aspect of my laptop. You want to make sure that you get a laptop with a good solid connection between the screen and the computer, because if you're pounding away at keys sometimes a loose connection method can result in a shaking laptop display while you're trying to play.

aside from that, good luck with it.