View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #395
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: SM Scores ~2011 Remix~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azafreak View Post
Wow...Nice scores Leo, as always.

By the way, does any one can play SM/FFR with a windows 7 ? I'm planning to buy a new computer and I heard we can't play with win7.
Lucky I spotted this post. I was just about to scroll down. :P

Windows 7 definitely works with SM. I've played FFR as well, so that should work too.

SM may have to be modified in the Preferences.ini depending on the computer though. Another tip is you can't use Aero Themes (when you get win7, if you do, Aero Themes are a type of desktop themes that make navigating things such as taskbar tabs a little more user-friendly) when playing stepmania, it causes lag.

I suggest that you start stepmania and try a song. If it lags, make sure an Aero theme isn't being used. Switch it to a basic theme instead. If SM still lags, go to Preferences.ini (located in the Save Folder) under the Stepmania Folder in My Documents, and alter this text to read:

SoundDrivers=WaveOut

After adding the WaveOut it may significantly improve your SM program, including lag. I have no clue why though, I learned this from AJ (sm-ssc project leader) a while ago on an old thread on smo.eu's forum.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 01-29-2011 at 01:09 AM..