View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 09:14 PM   #52
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Which Rhythm Game are you from? and how did you get here

Good bump, surprised I haven't posted in this yet

My first music game was Percussion Master and hats off to ya if you've ever been able to play that, it's not exactly a common machine. I wish I could find MP3s of that soundtrack I always wanted to step Rock Opera

But the same arcade had a DDR Extreme back when Extreme was still only a year or so old, and it wasn't long before I got over being nervous about my weight and started it. DDR Extreme JP is pretty much what I consider my first proper rhythm game experience down to grinding out songs and humming the tunes outside the arcade and it's the mix I played my first tournament on.

Which is how I found FFR, sort of; someone had Stepmania on their laptop at the tournament and I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING OMG IT HAS ZELDA MUSIC AND SHIT and the dude told me about SM and the site he used to download sims, flashflashrevolution.com

New comers may not know this but the site use to host a metric asston of sims back in the day. You could just use this site as your sole source and never have the time to play them all in your life. You also didn't need an account to snatch 'em, but after a year or so lurking around I decided to make one anyway and I guess I never truly left

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote