View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #1226
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 816: Collapsed in Sunbeams by Arlo Parks

HOOOOOOLY shit I'm getting old, this person was born this millennium? I mean, that's not exactly rare these days, but any time I see it, I just feel old as fuck. Maybe this is a heavily extended whiplash from when you go from listening to nothing but boomer music in your preteen and early teen years (up until 14 or so, and yes 90s music and Daft Punk are boomer now according to the interwebs) then going the complete opposite way and listening predominantly to newer music in your early 20s. Instead of dead or almost dead people, I have music from people who are probably gonna die after me, especially the way I tend to live life.

Okay anyways, this album, when I first found it? It was higher ranked on the year charts, and you know I'm too lazy to find music more ways more than a few times a year or something. It's sank since, but I dunno if that's indicative of the quality or simply backlash. After all, the first ranked album for like the first two weeks of the year was half plagiarized and half pedophile.

I like this a ton, this is probably better than half of the things ranked above it at the moment. It varies between smooth and subdued or... still smooth and subdued but really it's not all that same-y. Almost every track here is good, the lyrics are okay if not particularly memorable (I hear this girl is a poet?) and the production is just what I need. Good album.

Man I can't wait til I get this Master's degree so I can get an actual job.

Best Track: Caroline
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote