Thread: Geocaching???
View Single Post
Old 04-8-2018, 12:21 PM   #40
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: Geocaching???

are you really sticking to this whole negative for no reason narrative you've constructed to validate your own irresponsible response

let me recap the thread for you, i mockingly drew comparisons between geocaching and archaeology because they are similar at face value, i find one to be a stupid waste of time, and the other to be an informative and insightful pursuit that people yes, do, devote their entire lives to in order for other people to benefit from their work

in response to this, instead of saying, "dude its just for fun lol", instead of saying, "maybe you think this is a waste of time but i don't" instead of saying, "this doesnt require the same investment of time or energy as a serious field of academia so it's more appealing to people who do other things" cavernio's response is to claim that archaeology is a stupid farcical endeavor that exists solely for people to feed their own ego by trying to understand what can never be proven

which is an idiotic defeatist and ridiculous mutation of bad faith whataboutism

it is in fact the first display of directly hostile negativity in the thread and my response, while made with as you say "negative attitude" appropriately addressed the flawed logic of the post and pointed it out

in response to my negativity, completely ignoring both the illogical response to my post as well as the negative nature of it, you attack me not on grounds of my argument but on grounds of my presentation ignoring the substance of my post so that you can defend someone against a person that you see as a threat because you like them more than me

so you can sit there thinking about how you're so much better than me because you don't have to go around on the internet trying to prove your intellect like you accuse me of doing by willfully ignoring everything i say because you don't like me and feel just as smug about it as you like

you can feel smug because intellectualism is elitism, because you enjoy stupid exercises that are too "outdoors" for nerds, you can dismiss what i say because any argument beyond "i'm right and you're wrong because you're mean and i'm not" is a pretentious farce and you can feel fucking great about it

people like you are how trump gets elected

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 04-8-2018 at 12:25 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote