Thread: D8 Deb8
View Single Post
Old 08-5-2019, 02:11 AM   #131
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: D8 Deb8

I'm arguing that the divisional system as a whole is flawed and needs to be replaced. That's why I said at the beginning that adding a D8 might work for now (since it reduces the number of players who are in a division with the god tiers and have no chance of winning) but it's just a band-aid solution to the larger problem at hand. If the goal of the divisional system is to be able to put everyone in a bracket where they have a chance of winning a tournament, the current system simply does not do that, D8 or no D8. Nor do I think that just adding more divisions is a realistic solution--as you just pointed out, if we tried to do that we'd just end up with 20 divisions and the system would lose all meaning. If the goal of the divisional system is something else, then I'd question why it's even being used for the tournament.

I get that removing the divisions has some very obvious gotcha points. No D1 wants to directly play a D8 player. But given a proper format, I don't think they'd have to, or at least not in a way that would negatively affect their tournament experience.

RenegadeLucien is offline   Reply With Quote